Change Domain Contact Information
You can change a domain’s contact information at any time. Domains have four sets of contacts, which are listed below after the instructions.
- Log into your My Products page.
- If you aren’t automatically directed there, make sure to select the My Products tab.
- Next to the domain you want to use, click Manage.
- Under Contact Information, click Edit.
- To edit All Contacts, simply enter the Contact, Address, Phone, and Emailinformation you want to update, and then click OK.
- To edit each individual contact, deselect the Use for all contact types box and enter the information you want to update.
- Click OK.
The four different sets of contacts for domains are:
- The Registrant is the contact information for the owner of the domain. Changing the domain name’s registrant prevents you from transferring the domain to a new registrar for 60 days1. However, if you want to transfer ownership to another Newze customer, you should use an account change.
- The Administrator information is used for transferring between registrars.
- Technical and Billing contacts are not commonly used.
1 You voluntarily agree to a 60-day lock that prevents you from transferring your domain name when you update the Organization field for the registrant contact, or when you update the First name, Last name, or Email address fields for the registrant contact if an organization is not the legal registrant for your domain name.
Note: The 60-day lock does not apply to .au domain names. We send .au transfer-related information to the registrant contact’s email address as it displays in the Whois database.
Note: If your domain name has privacy, see Update contact information for domains with privacy for more information.